ackinfo.cgi - Xymon CGI script to acknowledge alerts
is invoked as a CGI script via the ackinfo.sh CGI wrapper.
ackinfo.cgi is used to acknowledge an alert on the Xymon "Critical
Systems" view, generated by the criticalview.cgi(1)
allows the staff viewing the Critical Systems view to acknowledge alerts with
a "Level 1" alert, thereby removing the alert from the Critical
Note that the Level 1 alert generated by the ackinfo.cgi utility does NOT
stop alerts from being sent.
In a future version of Xymon (after Xymon 4.2), this utility will also be used
for acknowledging alerts at other levels.
- Sets the acknowledgment level. This is typically used to
force a specific level of the acknowledgment, e.g. a level 1 acknowledge
when called from the Critical Systems view.
- Sets the validity of the acknowledgment. By default this is
taken from the CGI parameters supplied by the user.
- Logs STRING as the sender of the acknowledgment. By
default, this is taken from the loginname of the webuser sending the
- Loads the environment defined in FILENAME before executing
the CGI script.
- Load environment variables for a specific area. NB: if
used, this option must appear before any --env=FILENAME option.
- Enables debugging output.
- Used to locate the template files for the generated web
- Contains the parameters for the CGI script.