acsadmin - ION Aggregate Custody Signal (ACS) administration interface
configures aggregate custody signal behavior for the local ION
It operates in response to ACS configuration commands found in the file
, if provided; if not, acsadmin
prints a simple
prompt (:) so that the user may type commands directly into standard input.
The format of commands for commands_filename
can be queried from
with the 'h' or '?' commands at the prompt. The commands are
documented in acsrc
- "0" Successful completion of ACS
- Enter interactive ACS configuration command entry
- acsadmin host1.acs
- Execute all configuration commands in host1.acs,
then terminate immediately.
(5) for details of the ACS configuration commands.
No environment variables apply.
: all ION administration utilities expect source file input to be
lines of ASCII text that are NL-delimited. If you edit the acsrc file on a
Windows machine, be sure to use dos2unix to convert it to Unix text
before presenting it to acsadmin
. Otherwise acsadmin
will detect syntax errors and will not function satisfactorily.
The following diagnostics may be issued to the logfile ion.log:
- acsadmin can't attach to ION.
- There is no SDR data store for acsadmin to use. You
should run ionadmin(1) first, to set up an SDR data store for
- Can't open command file...
- The commands_filename specified in the command line
Various errors that don't cause acsadmin
to fail but are noted in the
log file may be caused by improperly formatted commands given
at the prompt or in the commands_filename
file. Please see
(5) for details.
Report bugs to <email@example.com>