affcat - Output contents of an image file to stdout.
affcat [options] image [images]
outputs the contents of an image file to stdout. Image files that
are not raw but are recognized by AFF will be output in raw format. Missing
pages will not be padded, but the fact that they are missing will be noted on
The options are as follows:
- -s name
- Output the named segment, instead of the image data. This
is a way to output metadata.
- -p nnn
- Just output page number nnn
- -S nnn
- Just output data sector number nnn. Sector #0 is the
- Quiet mode. Don't print to STDERR if a page is skipped
because it is not present.
- Noisy mode. Tell when pages are skipped.
- List all the segment names, rather than outputting
- List Long. Prints segment names, lengths, and args.
- Debug mode. Print the page numbers to stderr as data goes
- Output BADFALG for bad blocks (default is to output
- Just print the version number and exit.
- -r offset:count
- Seek to the given byte offset and output count characters
in each file; may be repeated.
first appeared in AFFLIB
Simson Garfinkel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This file is a work of a US government employee and as such is in the Public