aid - Query ID database and report results.
Query ID database and report results. By default, output consists of multiple
lines, each line containing the matched identifier followed by the list of
file names in which it occurs.
- -f, --file=FILE
- file name of ID database
- -i, --ignore-case
- match PATTERN case insensitively
- -l, --literal
- match PATTERN as a literal string
- -r, --regexp
- match PATTERN as a regular expression
- -w, --word
- match PATTERN as a delimited word
- -s, --substring
- match PATTERN as a substring
- Note: If PATTERN contains extended regular expression
metacharacters, it is interpreted as a regular expression substring.
Otherwise, PATTERN is interpreted as a literal word.
- -k, --key=STYLE
- STYLE is one of `token', `pattern' or `none'
- -R, --result=STYLE
- STYLE is one of `filenames', `grep', `edit' or `none'
- -S, --separator=STYLE
- STYLE is one of `braces', `space' or `newline' and only
applies to file names when `--result=filenames'
- The above STYLE options control how query results are
presented. Defaults are --key=token
- -F, --frequency=FREQ
- find tokens that occur FREQ times, where FREQ is a range
expressed as `N..M'. If N is omitted, it defaults to 1, if M is omitted it
defaults to MAX_USHRT
- -a, --ambiguous=LEN
- find tokens whose names are ambiguous for LEN chars
- -x, --hex
- only find numbers expressed as hexadecimal
- -d, --decimal
- only find numbers expressed as decimal
- -o, --octal
- only find numbers expressed as octal
- By default, searches match numbers of any radix.
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
Report bugs to email@example.com
The full documentation for aid
is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the
programs are properly installed at your site, the
- info aid
should give you access to the complete manual.