ao-sky-flash - flash GPS firmware program to a SkyTraq GPS chip
] [--tty tty-device
] [--device altos-device
] [--firmware gps-firmware
] [--query] [--quiet]
loads the specified GPS firmware file into the target GPS
chip flash memory using the specified boot loader.
- -T tty-device | --tty tty-device
- This selects which tty device the debugger uses to
communicate with the target device.
- -D AltOS-device | --device AltOS-device
- Search for a connected device. This requires an argument of
one of the following forms:
- Leaving out the product name will cause the tool to select
a suitable product, leaving out the serial number will cause the tool to
match one of the available devices.
- --loader boot-loader
- This specifies the desired boot loader to use for
reflashing the device. You should use srec_115200.bin unless you have a
good reason not to. This should be in S record format.
- --firmware gps-firmware
- This specifies the new GPS firmware image to load onto the
target GPS chip. No checking is done on this device at all; flash garbage
and the GPS chip will probably fail to boot.
- Instead of loading new firmware, query the current version
of firmware running on the target device.
- Normally, ao-spy-flash is quite chatty. This shuts it up,
except for error messages.
- The expected target for reflashing is an Altus Metrum
product with the GPS chip connected to the CPU on that board and not
directly to the USB serial port. This option says that the target GPS chip
is directly connected, which changes how things are initialized a
loads the specified bootloader into device RAM and then uses
that to load new firmware to flash.