apm - interface with the APM subsystem
apm [ -VvmMsSdin ]
This command requires the Advanced Power Management subsystem. If run without
arguments it reads /proc/apm
and presents the output in a
Given a -S
option it requests that the machine be put into
the APM standby or the APM suspend state, respectively. For a brief
description of these states, see apmd
- -V, --version
- Print the version of the program and exit.
- -v, --verbose
- Also print version information for the APM subsystem. The
APM subsystem consists of power-management hardware, firmware usually
referred to as the APM BIOS and a driver in the operating system
- -m, --minutes
- Print the time remaining as a number of minutes. The
default is to print the time remaining in "hours:minutes"
- -M, --monitor
- Continuously monitor and update the status information.
Assumes that the standard output is a terminal.
- -S, --standby
- Request that the machine be put into the APM standby
- -s, --suspend
- Request that the machine be put into the APM suspend
- -d, --debug
- Print APM status information in a format more useful for
debugging. Implies -v.
This program was written by Rik Faith (email@example.com) and may be freely
distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License. There is
ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY for this program. The current maintainer is Avery