argon2 - generate argon2 hashes
Generate Argon2 hashes from the command line.
The supplied salt (the first argument to the command) must be at least 8 octets
in length, and the password is supplied on standard input.
By default, this uses Argon2i variant (where memory access is independent of
secret data) which is the preferred one for password hashing and
password-based key derivation.
- Display tool usage
- Use Argon2d instead of Argon2i (Argon2i is the
- Use Argon2id instead of Argon2i (Argon2i is the
- -t N
- Sets the number of iterations to N (default = 3)
- -m N
- Sets the memory usage of 2^N KiB (default = 12)
- -p N
- Sets parallelism to N threads (default = 1)
- -l N
- Sets hash output length to N bytes (default = 32)
- Output only encoded hash
- Output only the raw bytes of the hash
This manpage was written by Daniel Kahn Gillmor
for the Debian
distribution (but may be used by others). It is released, like the rest of
this Argon2 implementation, under a dual license. You may use this work under
the terms of a Creative Commons CC0 1.0 License/Waiver or the Apache Public
License 2.0, at your option.