asterisk-tests-run - run tests for the asterisk-testsuite
The Asterisk test suite is a set of tests to check various versions of the
Asterisk PBX software. The command asterisk-tests-run
runs all the
tests, some of them (selectable by tags), or just a single test.
The test suite will detect if the test can run on the system (if it has the
required software to run the test, if it has the required version of Asterisk
and if Asterisk is built with the required configuration) and if so, will run
This command is mostly a wrapper around runtests.py
asterisk-testsuite. This man page documents runtests.py itself except where
By default all the tests are selected.
- -t, --test=test
- Only run the selected test. The name of the test is the
name of the subdirectory including the leading "tests/".
- -g, --tag=tag
- Specify tag by which to select tests. If option is used
more than once, all tests matching any of the tags will be selected.
- -l, --list
- Don't run any test. Just list all of them. Note: the list
- -L, --list-tags
- Don't run any test. Just list all the tags.
- -h, --help
- Show summary of options without emitting an error message.
- -v, --version=version-string
- Provide an explicit version of Asterisk to be tested, in
case it cannot be probed successfully.
- -n, --dry-run
- Don't run. Just print the test should be run (or why tests
would not be run).
- -H --hide-skipped
- Don't print tests that were not run.
- -o --output-dir=directory
- An internal option. Please don't use explicitly with
asterisk-tests-run. Directs runtests where to write its output file
(asterisk-test-suite-report.xml). The script directs it to
- -c --extra-config=directory
- Pass extra configuration settings from
directory/config.yaml . Most settings are not read
from that file. Only test exclusions (in additions to tests getting
excluded in the the main config.yaml of the tests directory).
- Just run all the tests.
- asterisk-tests-run -g SIP -g AGI
- Run both SIP and AGI tests.
- asterisk-tests-run -t tests/agi/exit_status
- Run one specific test.
- asterisk-tests-run --list
- List all the tests.
- asterisk-tests-run --dry-run
- An even more verbose list
- asterisk-tests-run --extra-config
- Takes extra settings from file