aurecord - record a sound file from a Network Audio System server
] [-file format
] [-rate sample rate
] [-mode input mode
] [-time seconds
] [-comment comment
program can be used to record audio data from a Network
Audio System server into a file. The recording will continue until either the
specified time has elapsed or aurecord
receives a SIGINT or SIGTERM
The following options may be used with the aurecord
- -audio servername
- The Network Audio System server from which the file should
- -file format
- The file format to be used for the recorded audio data. The
-? option will display a list of valid file formats. The default file
format is Sun/NeXT.
- -data format
- The data format to be used for the recorded audio data. The
-? option will display a list of valid data formats. Note that each file
format may only support selected data formats. The default data format is
- -rate sample rate
- The sampling rate (in hertz) for the recording. The default
rate is 8000 Hz.
- -mode input mode
- Some Network Audio System servers may have different input
amplification modes for microphone input versus line level input. This
option allows the amplification mode to be specified. The two modes
available are "mic" for microphone input and "line"
for line level input. The default mode is "mic".
- -gain input gain
- The input gain level in percent. The default is 75%.
- -time seconds
- The time, in seconds, for the recording. If this option is
not used, aurecord will record until a SIGINT or SIGTERM signal is
- -comment comment
- A comment to be stored in the data file.
- Displays a usage message and a list of supported file and
Copyright 1993, 1994 Network Computing Devices, Inc.
Greg Renda, Network Computing Devices, Inc.