barman-wal-restore - 'restore_command' based on Barman's get-wal
barman-wal-restore [ OPTIONS
] BARMAN_HOST SERVER_NAME
This script can be used as a 'restore_command' for PostgreSQL servers,
retrieving WAL files using the 'get-wal' feature of Barman. An SSH connection
will be opened to the Barman host. barman-wal-restore allows the integration
of Barman in PostgreSQL clusters for better business continuity results.
This script and Barman are administration tools for disaster recovery of
PostgreSQL servers written in Python and maintained by 2ndQuadrant.
- the host of the Barman server.
- the server name configured in Barman from which WALs are
- the value of the '%f' keyword (according to
- the value of the '%p' keyword (according to
- -h, --help
- show a help message and exit
- -V, --version
- show program's version number and exit
- -U USER, --user USER
- the user used for the ssh connection to the Barman server.
Defaults to 'barman'.
- -s SECONDS, --sleep SECONDS
- sleep for SECONDS after a failure of get-wal request.
Defaults to 0 (nowait).
- -p JOBS, --parallel JOBS
- specifies the number of files to peek and transfer in
parallel, defaults to 0 (disabled).
- -z, --gzip
- transfer the WAL files compressed with gzip
- -j, --bzip2
- transfer the WAL files compressed with bzip2
- -c CONFIG, --config CONFIG
- configuration file on the Barman server
- Not zero
barman (1), barman (5).
Barman has been extensively tested, and is currently being used in several
production environments. However, we cannot exclude the presence of bugs.
Any bug can be reported via the Github issue tracker.
- Homepage: <http://www.pgbarman.org/>
- Documentation: <http://docs.pgbarman.org/>
- Professional support:
Barman is the property of 2ndQuadrant Italia and its code is distributed under
GNU General Public License v3.
Copyright (C) 2011-2016 2ndQuadrant Italia Srl -
2ndQuadrant Italy <http://www.2ndQuadrant.it>.