borg-delete - Delete an existing repository or archives
borg [common options] delete [options] [TARGET] [ARCHIVE...]
This command deletes an archive from the repository or the complete repository.
Disk space is reclaimed accordingly. If you delete the complete repository,
the local cache for it (if any) is also deleted.
for common options of Borg commands.
- archive or repository to delete
- archives to delete
- -s, --stats
- print statistics for the deleted archive
- delete only the local cache for the given repository
- force deletion of corrupted archives, use --force
--force in case --force does not work.
- work slower, but using less space
- -P PREFIX, --prefix PREFIX
- only consider archive names starting with this prefix.
- -a GLOB, --glob-archives GLOB
- only consider archive names matching the glob. sh: rules
apply, see "borg help patterns". --prefix and
--glob-archives are mutually exclusive.
- --sort-by KEYS
- Comma-separated list of sorting keys; valid keys are:
timestamp, name, id; default is: timestamp
- --first N
- consider first N archives after other filters were
- --last N
- consider last N archives after other filters were
# delete a single backup archive:
$ borg delete /path/to/repo::Monday
# delete the whole repository and the related local cache:
$ borg delete /path/to/repo
You requested to completely DELETE the repository *including* all archives it contains:
repo Mon, 2016-02-15 19:26:54
root-2016-02-15 Mon, 2016-02-15 19:36:29
newname Mon, 2016-02-15 19:50:19
Type 'YES' if you understand this and want to continue: YES
The Borg Collective