-- handle a family of fields
branch [ options] filename
Generates vtk file colection for visualization with paraview:
branch output.branch -paraview
Read and output a branch of finite element fields from file, in field text file
- add dir to the RHEOPATH search path. See also geo(2)
for RHEOPATH mechanism.
- specifies the name of the file containing the input field.
- read field on standard input instead on a file.
- -ndigit int
- Number of digits used to print floating point values when
using the ` -geo' option. Default depends upon the machine
precision associated to the Float type.
- print the table of contents (toc) to standard output and
- -extract int
- Extract the i-th record in the file. The output is a field
or multi-field file format.
- Output on stdout in `.branch' format. This is the
- Generate a collection of vtk files for using
- Generate a single vtk file with numbered fields.
- Run 1d animation using gnuplot.
- This driver is unsupported for animations.
- -umin float
- -umax float
- set the solution range for the gnuplot driver. By
default this range is computed from the first field of the branch, and
this could be problematic when this field is initialy zero.
- -subdivide int
- When using a high order geometry, the number of points per
edge used to draw a curved element. Default value is the mesh order.
- -topography filename[.field[.gz]]
- performs a tridimensionnal elevation view based on the
- performs a P1 projection on the fly. This option is
useful when rendering P0 data while vtk render requieres
- For two dimensional field, represent values as elevation in
the third dimension. This is the default.
- Prevent from the elevation representation.
- -scale float
- applies a multiplicative factor to the field. This is
useful e.g. in conjonction with the elevation option. The default
value is 1.
- print messages related to graphic files created and command
system calls (this is the default).
- does not print previous messages.
- clear temporary graphic files (this is the default).
- does not clear temporary graphic files.
- execute graphic command (this is the default).
- does not execute graphic command. Generates only graphic
files. This is usefull in conjuction with the -noclean command.
The ` .branch'
file format bases on the `.field'
EXAMPLE GENERAL FORM
1 1 11 <version> <nfield=1> <nvalue=N>
time u <key> <field name>
#time 3.14 #<key> <key value 1>
#u #<field name>
field <field 1>
#time 6.28 #<key> <key value N>
#u #<field name>
field <field N>
The key name is here time
, but could be any string (without spaces). The
previous example contains one field
at each time step. Labels appears
all along the file to facilitate direct jumps and field and step skips.
The format supports several fields, such as (t,u(t),p(t)), where u could be a
multi-component (e.g. a vector) field:
1 2 11
time u p