bssadmin - Interplanetary Internet (IPN) scheme administration interface for use
with Bundle Streaming Service
is a BSS variant of ipnadmin
(1) that configures the local
ION node's routing of bundles to endpoints whose IDs conform to the ipn
endpoint ID scheme. ipn
is a CBHE-conformant scheme; that is, every
endpoint ID in the ipn
scheme is a string of the form "ipn:
" where element_number
is a CBHE "node number" and service_number
specific application processing point.
operates in response to IPN scheme configuration commands found
in the file commands_filename
, if provided; if not, bssadmin
prints a simple prompt (:) so that the user may type commands directly into
The format of commands for commands_filename
can be queried from
with the 'h' or '?' commands at the prompt. The commands are
documented in bssrc
- "0" Successful completion of IPN scheme
- "1" Unsuccessful completion of IPN scheme
administration, due to inability to attach to the Bundle Protocol system or
to initialize the IPN scheme.
- Enter interactive IPN scheme configuration command entry
- bssadmin host1.bssrc
- Execute all configuration commands in host1.bssrc,
then terminate immediately.
(5) for details of the BSS configuration commands for the IPN
No environment variables apply.
: all ION administration utilities expect source file input to be
lines of ASCII text that are NL-delimited. If you edit the bssrc file on a
Windows machine, be sure to use dos2unix to convert it to Unix text
before presenting it to bssadmin
. Otherwise bssadmin
will detect syntax errors and will not function satisfactorily.
The following diagnostics may be issued to the logfile ion.log:
- bssadmin can't attach to BP.
- Bundle Protocol has not been initialized on this computer.
You need to run bpadmin(1) first.
- bssadmin can't initialize routing database.
- There is no SDR data store for dtnadmin to use.
Please run ionadmin(1) to start the local ION node.
- Can't open command file...
- The commands_filename specified in the command line
Various errors that don't cause bssadmin
to fail but are noted in the
log file may be caused by improperly formatted commands given
at the prompt or in the commands_filename
file. Please see
(5) for details.
Report bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>