Yacc - an LALR(1) parser generator for Java
byaccj [ -dlrtvJ ] [ -b prefix ] [-Jclass= classname
] [-Jpackage= package_name ] [-Jextends=
extends_name ] [-Jimplements= implements_name ]
[-Jsemantic= semantic_type ] [-Jnorun] [-Jnocontruct]
[-Jstack= NNN ] [-Jnodebug] [-Jfinal] [-Jthrows=
exception_list ] filename
reads the grammar specification in the file filename
generates an LR(1) parser for it. The parsers consist of a set of LALR(1)
parsing tables and a driver routine written in the C programming language.
normally writes the parse tables and the driver routine to the
The following options are available:
- -b prefix
- The -b option changes the prefix prepended to the
output file names to the string denoted by prefix. The default
prefix is the character y.
- The -d option causes the header file y.tab.h
to be written.
- If the -l option is not specified, yacc will
insert The generated code to the user's original code. If the -l
option is specified, yacc will not insert the
- The -r option causes yacc to produce separate
files for code and tables. The code file is named y.code.c, and the
tables file is named y.tab.c.
- The -t option changes the preprocessor directives
generated by yacc so that debugging statements will be incorporated
in the compiled code.
- The -v option causes a human-readable description of
the generated parser to be written to the file y.output.
- The -J option switches from C/C++ to Java output.
Not necessary if other -J flags are used.
- Changes the name of the Java class (and .java file) to
Changes the package in which the parser resides from the default
<nothing> to packagename
Changes the class the parser extends from the default <nothing> to
Changes the interface the parser implements from the default
<nothing> to implement_name
Changes the semantic (value of the rules' variables) type to
semantic_type. No extra class will be generated.
- The -Jnorun option informs Byacc to not generate a
run() method. Useful when working with threads.
- The -Jnoconstruct option informs Byacc to not
generate constructors. Useful when extending classes.
Changes the stack size from default 500 to NNN
- The -Jnodebug option informs Byacc to omit debugging
code for further better performance.
- The -Jfinal option makes generated class final.
Informs Byacc to declare thrown exceptions for yyparse() method.
If the environment variable TMPDIR is set, the string denoted by TMPDIR will be
used as the name of the directory where the temporary files are created.
If there are rules that are never reduced, the number of such rules is reported
on standard error. If there are any LALR(1) conflicts, the number of conflicts
is reported on standard error.