cadabra - field-theory motivated computer algebra system
is a computer algebra system for the manipulation of tensorial
The output of cadabra is either plain text or UTF8 encoded Unicode (see the
environment variables described below). The line-breaking properties of the
latter are used to wrap large expressions are reasonable points. In addition
to the standard output, cadabra can print status information, which is wrapped
in special <status>...</status> blocks.
- Disables all output, except for output generated by the
- Copy the input into the log file.
- --input filename
- Read the indicated file as input before switching to
- --prompt string
- Set the prompt of the interactive session to the indicated
The following variables toggle various features on or off, depending on whether
the variable is set or not:
- Display a star to indicate products. Without this setting,
a space is used.
- Use UTF8 encoding for output. This in particular will
introduce non-breakable spaces to group objects together, as well as
zero-width non-breakable spaces to prevent line-breaks after brackets,
underscore and caret symbols. When this variable is not set, the output
will be plain ASCII without any special symbols.
See the web page at http://www.aei.mpg.de/~peekas/cadabra/
example calculations and the full manual.
Kasper Peeters <firstname.lastname@example.org>