can_logger - log CAN traffic to the terminal and to a file on disk.
usage: can_logger [-h] [-f LOG_FILE] [-v] [-c CHANNEL] ...
Log CAN traffic, printing messages to stdout or to a given file
- How much information do you want to see at the command
line? You can add several of these e.g., -vv is DEBUG
- -c CHANNEL, --channel CHANNEL
- Most backend interfaces require some sort of channel. For
example with the serial interface the channel might be a rfcomm device:
"/dev/rfcomm0". With the socketcan interfaces valid channel
examples include: "can0", "vcan0"
- -f LOG_FILE, --file_name LOG_FILE
- Path and base log filename, extension can be .txt, .asc,
.csv, .db, .npz
- -h, --help
- list all available options
j1939_logger(1), candump(1), canlogserver(1)