- dump a Cg effect or program file to standard out
cgfxcat.exe [-gl] [-effect] [-program] [-object] [-profile profile] [-entry
loads an effect or program file and calls every query operation
available in the core runtime on the resulting Cg object. The values returned
by the queries are written to standard out.
The source code for cgfxcat
is found under examples/Tools/cgfxcat.
- The effect or program file to be processed. cgfxcat
can handle effect files, program files, or precompiled program files.
Files with a .cgfx or .fx extension will be loaded using
cgCreateEffectFromFile. Files with a .cg or .hlsl extension
will be loaded using cgCreateProgramFromFile. Any other extension is
passed to cgGetProfile and if a valid CGprofile is found the file
is loaded using cgCreateProgramFromFile with the program_type set
to CG_OBJECT. You can override these built-in file extension
mappings with the -effect, -program, or <-object>
- Treat file as an effect file, ignoring its
- Treat file as a program file, ignoring its
- Treat file as an precompiled program file, ignoring
- -profile profile
- Use the CGprofile returned by cgGetProfile for
profile as the profile argument of cgCreateProgramFromFile
when compiling file.
- -entry entry
- Use entry as the entry argument of
cgCreateProgramFromFile when compiling file.
- Register states with cgGLRegisterStates rather than using
the generic state code built into cgfxcat.
cgCreateEffectFromFile, cgCreateProgramFromFile, cgGetProfile,