clementine — A modern music player and library organizer
This manual page documents briefly the clementine
This manual page was written for the Debian
distribution because the
original program does not have a manual page.
is modern music player and library organizer. It is inspired
by Amarok 1.4 and is written to take advantage of Qt4.
- Search and play your local music library.
- Listen to internet radio from SomaFM, Magnatune, Jamendo,
Intergalactic FM, Digitally Imported, JAZZRADIO.com, ROCKRADIO.com,
RadioTunes.com, Soundcloud, Icecast and Subsonic servers.
- Search and play songs you've uploaded to Box, Dropbox,
Google Drive, and OneDrive.
- Create smart playlists and dynamic playlists.
- Tabbed playlists, import and export M3U, XSPF, PLS and
- CUE sheet support.
- Play audio CDs.
- Visualisations from projectM.
- Lyrics and artist biographies and photos.
- Transcode music into MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, FLAC or
- Edit tags on MP3 and OGG files, organise your music.
- Fetch missing tags from MusicBrainz.
- Discover and download Podcasts.
- Download missing album cover art from Last.fm.
- Native desktop notifications using libnotify.
- Remote control using an Android device, a Wii Remote, MPRIS
or the command-line.
- Copy music to your iPod, iPhone, MTP or mass-storage USB
- Queue manager.
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options
starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a
complete description, see the Info
Player options :
- -p --play
- Start the playlist currently playing.
- -t --play-pause
- Play if stopped, pause if playing.
- -u --pause
- Pause playback
- -s --stop
- Stop playback
- -q --stop-after-current
- Stop playback after current track
- -r --previous
- Skip backwards in playlist.
- -f --next
- Skip forwards in playlist.
- -v --volume <value>
- Set the volume to <value> percent.
- Increase the volume by 4%.
- Decrease the volume by 4%..
- --seek-to <seconds>
- Seek the currently playing track to an absolute
- --seek-by <seconds>
- Seek the currently playing track by a relative amount.
- -c --create <name>
- Create a new playlist with files/URLs.
- -a --append
- Append files/URLs to the playlist.
- -l --load
- Loads files/URLs, replacing current playlist.
- -k --play-track <n>
- Play the <n>th track in the playlist
- -h --help
- Show summary of options.
- -o --show-osd
- Display the on-screen-display.
- -y --toggle-pretty-osd
- Toggle visibility for the pretty on-screen-display
- -g --language <lang>
- Change the language
- Equivalent to --log-levels *:1
- Equivalent to --log-levels *:3
- --log-levels <levels>
- Comma separated list of class:level, level is 0-3
- Print out version information
Clementine main developers :
- David Sansome email@example.com
- John Maguire firstname.lastname@example.org
This manual page was written by Thomas PIERSON email@example.com for the
system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to
copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU
General Public License, Version 3 any later version published by the Free
On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be
found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3.