Code::Blocks - The open-source, cross-platform IDE
codeblocks [-h] [-ns] [-d] [--prefix <str>] [-p <str>] [--profile
<str>] [--rebuild] [--build] [--target <str>]
launches the Code::Blocks IDE. Its various command-line
arguments are listed below.
- -h, --help
- Displays the list of accepted command-line arguments.
- Do not display a splash screen on startup. The splash
screen can be completely disabled in the program's environment
- Enable the debugging log.
- Specify an alternate path for Code::Blocks to find its
- -p, --profile
- Set which profile to use. If you set the profile to
ask , Code::Blocks will display a list with all the known profiles
to choose from.
- Start a batch rebuild (i.e. "clean" and
"build") job on the filenames passed as arguments. The filenames
can be either projects or workspaces.
- Start a batch build (i.e. no "clean") job on the
filenames passed as arguments. The filenames can be either projects or
- Specify a single build target to build in the batch build
(or rebuild) job.
- When the batch job ends, the log window closes too. This
option keeps it open until you manually close it.
- Display a message when the batch job finishes.
Batch build myproject.cpp, only the "Debug" target and keep the batch
job window open when finished:
codeblocks --build --target="Debug" --no-batch-window-close myproject.cbp
Batch rebuild everything in myproject.cbp:
codeblocks --rebuild myproject.cbp
Yiannis "mandrav" Mandravellos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2006 - Initial version