convert debug data to CTF data
utility converts debug information
from a binary file to CTF data and replaces the debug section of that file
with a CTF section called SUNW_ctf. This new section is added to the input
file, unless the -o option is present. You can also opt to keep the original
debugging section with the -g option.
The following options are available:
- Sets the label as
- Instructs ctfconvert to read
the label from the environment variable
- Don't delete the original debugging section.
- Ignore object files built from other languages than C.
- Use the .dynsym ELF section instead of the .symtab ELF
- Write the output to file in
utility exits 0 on success,
and >0 if an error occurs.
utility first appeared in
The CTF utilities came from OpenSolaris.