cuum - To start the front-end processor.
cuum [-h/H] [-x/X]
] [-c convertkeyfile
] [-D hostname
] [-l lines
There are two more input environments:
(1) Pinyin centred input environment
(2) Zhuyin centred input environment
These two environments can be started up by using the "-r" option of
the "cuum" command together with the default path of each input
environment. For example, to activate Pinyin centred input environment,
execute the following:
cuum -r /usr/local/lib/wnn/zh_CN/rk_p
Once "cuum" is executed, the initialization file for the front-end
processor will be read from ONE of the following paths, in decreasing order:
(1) The file specified by the UUMRC C-Shell environment
(3) /usr/local/lib/wnn/zh_CN/uumrc (default path)
After the initialization file is read, all the initializing operations set in
the file will be performed.
If the user happens to start up cuum after it has already been started, an error
message will be given. Refer to cWnn manual for the error messages.
- The input mode will be set to ON after the startup of
- The input mode will be set to OFF after the startup of cuum
- During cuum startup, the flow control of tty is ON
- During cuum startup, the flow control of tty is OFF.
Specify the keyboard definition file. If this option is not specified, ONE
of the following definition files will be read by default, in decreasing
(1) The filename indicated by "setuumkey" in the
initialization file "uumrc".
Specify the conversion file for the keyboard input codes. If this option is
not specified, ONE of the following files will be read by default, in
(1) The filename indicated by "setconvkey" in the
initialization file "uumrc" .
Specify the directory of the input mode definition file of the input
automaton. If this option is not specified, ONE of the followings will be
read by default, in decreasing order:
(1) The directory indicated by "setrkfile" in the
initialization file "uumrc".
Specify the number of lines for input at the front-end processor. (0 <
lines < window_line-1).
The maximum input line is the window line minus one. The default line number
Specify the server at another host indicated by
hostname. In this case, each user environment may be set via
"setenv" in the front-end processor initialization file, for
If no hostname is specified, the one specified by the environment
variable CSERVER will be used.
Specify the username for the front-end processor. If the username is
not specified, the value in environment variable UUMUSER will be taken as
the default value. If UUMUSER is not defined, the username of the current
front-end processor will be taken.
- The command options inside [ ] shown in the Command Format
indicates that they are optional. If they are not required,
"cuum" alone is sufficient to start up the front-end
- During the startup of cuum, a "pty" is required
from the operating system. If "pty" is unable to be obtained,
cuum startup will fail. Similarly, if the initialization file, input
automaton definition files and keyboard definition file cannot be read in,
cuum startup will also fail.