dh_javadoc - generate javadoc documentation and install in package directory
[--sourcedir source path
dh_javadoc is a debhelper program that is responsible for generating HTML Java
documentation and installing it in package directories. This should be done in
the documentaion package of all Java libraries. Normal Java programs should
not be supplied with javadoc documentation (neither in their main package or
in a separate documentation package)
Any package specified as parameters will be installed into the first package
dh_javadoc is told to act on. Use of the standard debhelper -p
is highly recommended.
A file named debian/package.javadoc may list additional packages to have
documentation generated. These should be separated by new lines.
When the Java policy is modified, this script will also install links to the
documentation in a common place so that javadoc pages may be interlinked; and
also provide a substitution variable for documentation package dependencies.
Javadoc generation is done using gjdoc, currently the only free javadoc
implementation. When new features are added to this (such as overview files),
this script will be modified accordingly.
- --sourcedir source path
- Specify the source path in which to look for Java source
- Java packages
- Names of Java packages to be documented.
- Check parameters more carefully.
- Add substvar for documentation dependencies
- Don't put the 'common' directory in all packages - refer to
one in /usr/share/gjdoc & insist on creating that dependency
- Other items depend on gjdoc improvements:
- Add package listings to common directory
- Generate dependency substvar based on additional doc
This program is designed similar to debhelper
Mark Howard <email@example.com>