diff2patches - Extract non-debian/ patches from .diff.gz files
Extracts patches from .diff.gz which apply to files outside the
“debian/” directory scope. A patch is created for each modified
file. Each patch is named according to the path of the modified file, with
“/” replaced by “___”, and an extension of
- Extract patches from filename which
apply outside the “debian/” directory.
- Output help information and exit.
- Output version information and exit.
- Existence of this file is tested before any patch is
- debian/patches/ Patches are extracted to one of
these directories. “debian/patches/” is preferred, if it
exists. If DEB_PATCHES is present in the environment, it will
override this behavior (see “ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES” section
- When defined and points to an existing directory, patches
are extracted in that directory and not under “debian/” nor
Raphael Geissert <firstname.lastname@example.org>