dm-tool - a tool to control the display manager
is a tool to communicate with the LightDM display manager.
- -h, --help
- Show help options
- Show release version
- Attempt to connect to the display manager using the session
bus. This is useful if you are running a display manager in a test mode.
If this option is not present dm-tool will connect using the system
- The following commands are available:
- Switch to the greeter suitable for logging into a new
- switch-to-user USERNAME [SESSION]
- Switch to a user session. If this user is already logged in
then the display manager will switch to that session, otherwise a new
session is started. If authentication is required a greeter will start to
collect this. If the session option is provided then this session type
will be used, otherwise the default for this user is used.
- switch-to-guest [SESSION]
- Switch to a guest session. If the guest session is already
active the display manager will switch to that session, otherwise the
guest session is started. If the session option is provided then this
session type will be used, otherwise the default for the guest user is
- Lock the current seat. This will switch to a greeter with a
hint that the screen is locked. You can return to this session by
authenticating in the greeter.
- List the active seats and sessions that are running.
- Start an X server inside a session and connect it to a
- add-local-x-seat DISPLAY_NUMBER
- Connect an existing X server to the display manager.
- add-seat TYPE [NAME=VALUE...]
- Add a dynamic seat.