- A PowerDNS nameserver debugging tool
]... FILENAME ADDRESS
This program takes recorded questions and answers and replays them to the
specified nameserver and reporting afterwards which percentage of answers
matched, were worse or better.
dnsreplay compares the answers and some other metrics with the actual ones with
those found in the dumpfile.
By default it only replay queries with recursion-desired flag set.
- is expected to be an PCAP file. The queries are send to the
DNS server specified as ADDRESS and PORT.
- IPv4 or IPv6 address of the nameserver to replay
- if omitted, 53 will be used.
- --help | -h
- Show summary of options.
- --ecs-mask VAL
- When EDNS forwarding an IP address, mask out first octet
with this value
- --ecs-stamp FLAG
- Add original IP address as EDNS Client Subnet Option when
forwarding to reference server
- --packet-limit NUM
- Stop after replaying NUM packets. Default for
NUM is 0, which means no limit.
- --quiet FLAG
- If FLAG is set to 1. dnsreplay will not be very
noisy with its output. This is the default.
- --recursive FLAG
- If FLAG is set to 1. dnsreplay will only replay
queries with recursion desired flag set. This is the default.
- --speedup FACTOR
- Replay queries with this speedup FACTOR. Default is
- --timeout-msec MSEC
- Wait at least MSEC milliseconds for a reply. Default
dnsreplay has no certain handling for timeouts. It handles around at most 65536
pcap(3PCAP), tcpdump(8), dnswasher(1)
Joerg Jungermann (jj+debian At borkum.net).