dunecontrol - Control program for the Dune build system
is the control program for the build system of the Dune
The Dune libraries form a set of modules. Each can be built independently using
CMake. Additionally, though, there are dependencies between modules, which are
expected to form a directed acyclic graph. These dependencies are set in a
file called dune.module
contained in the main directory of each Dune
program helps to build sets of inter-dependent modules.
It allows to construct the entire dependency graph and obtain information
about it. Then it allows to run various build-related commands for all
modules. These are executed in the order mandated by the dependency graph.
Colon-separated list of commands. Available commands are:
- Show a help message and exit
- Print the list of modules sorted according to their
- Same as `print', but including whether it is a dependency
- Print recursive dependencies of a module
- Setup version control repository (Git etc.) or working copy
- Update all modules from the repository from their
respective version control systems
- Run cmake for each module
- Run make for each module
- Run the 'configure' and 'make' commands for each
- Execute an arbitrary command in each module source
- Execute an arbitrary command in each module build
- Show version control status for each module
- Run svn command for each svn-managed module
- Run git command for each git-managed module
- Run eval `dunecontrol export` to save the list of
dune.module files to the DUNE_CONTROL_PATH variable
- Show this help
- Run with debugging output enabled
- Apply the actions on module mod and all modules it
- Only apply the actions on module mod , but not on
the modules it depends on
- Only apply the actions on the current module, the one whose
source tree we are in
- Apply the actions on the current module, and all modules it
- Resume a previous run (only consider the modules not built
successfully on the previous run)
- Skip the first module (use with --resume)
- Load default options from file
- Make out-of-source builds in a subdir name. This
directory is created inside each module.
- Set options for COMMAND (this is mainly useful for the
looks for Dune modules in all directories given in the
variable, and additionally recursively in all
subdirectories of those directories. The default for the case that
DUNE_CONTROL_PATH is empty is the current directory, plus a system-wide
installation in /usr.
Dune was written by the Dune team (www.dune-project.org/people).
This manual page was written by Oliver Sander.
Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are
permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this
notice are preserved. This file is offered as-is, without any warranty.