dvipos - compute positions in a DVI file
... ] infile[.dvi]
parses a DVI file looking for pos:
specials. It currently
. It then outputs the information from those specials along
with information that only a DVI postprocessor could determine, such as the
location. The output looks like:
and is suitable for including in a tex
(1) or pdftex
file, such as document.tuo
, to be read in by the next run of the
(1) or similar typesetting engine.
- -h, --help
- print usage.
- -W, --warning
- print warnings.
- -v, --verbose
- print verbose output.
- -d, --debug
- print dvitype(1) debugging data.
- -s, --smashchars
- regard height and depth as zero.
- -o, --output=FILE
- send all output to FILE. Without this option, output goes
- -b, --bbox[=FILE]
- send bounding box to FILE (default FILE is
- -f, --framed[=BASE]
- request copy of DVI file, BASE.dvi, with bounding
boxes framed (default FILE is infile_frames.dvi). See the
- -m, --mag=INT
- override tex(1) magnification by INT.
- -w, --framesize=INT
- set frame rule size by INT (default 6554 = .1pt).
- -p, --pages=X:Y
- set page ranges from X to Y.
is run mostly behind the scenes by ConTeXt's texexec
between runs of tex
(1) or pdftex
(1), in order to provide
information to and get information about positional graphics. These graphics
are provided by the MetaFun interface to mpost
used (or needed) in PDF-output mode but is needed for DVI-output mode.
(1) starting with version 1.40 can produce position information
even in DVI mode, so once the ConTeXt macros take advantage of this feature,
the need for dvipos
Until then, here is a typical use of dvipos
The position information that is output is collected by texexec
include in the notes.tuo
auxilliary file to use in the next run.
- Extract positions from doc.dvi, with output to
- dvipos -o doc.loc doc.dvi
- Same as above, but also send bbox information to
- dvipos -b -o doc.loc doc.dvi
- Instead send bbox information to
- dvipos -b=/tmp/debug.pos -o doc.loc doc.dvi
For more about positional graphics, see the MetaFun documentation on the ConTeXt
wiki ⟨URL: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/MetaFun ⟩.
If you specify a file for the -b
option, you must join the option and
name with =
rather than (the more common) space:
dvipos -b=/tmp/debug.pos notes.dvi
dvipos -b /tmp/debug.pos notes.dvi
is written by Jin-Hwan Cho <email@example.com>. It is free
software (GPLv2 or later). This manpage was written by Sanjoy Mahajan
<firstname.lastname@example.org> and is in the public domain.