emacspeak - speech output interface to Emacs
] [ file...
This script starts emacs
(1) with speech extensions. emacspeak
comes with support for the following speech synthesizers: DECtalk Express,
DECtalk MultiVoice, software DECtalk on the DEC Alpha, and the software
synthesizers eflite and espeakf. Separate speech servers are available to
support other hardware and software synthesizers.
reads the type of text to speech device and the port where it
is connected from /etc/emacspeak.conf
For runtime commands supplied by emacspeak
, see the
, or consult the .info file:
- Use IBM ViaVoice Outloud speech server.
- Use multispeech(1) for speech output.
- Use espeak(1) for speech output.
- Use Software Dectalk(1) for speech output.
- Do not process the startup file ~/.emacs.
T. V. Raman, Google Incorporated <email@example.com>