flowgrindd - advanced TCP traffic generator for Linux, FreeBSD, and Mac OS X
flowgrindd [ OPTION
is the daemon for the advanced TCP traffic generator
(1). Using the flowgrind
(1) controller, distributed
network performance measurement tests can be set up between an arbitrary
number of hosts running flowgrindd
, the flowgrind daemon.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- -b ADDR
- XML-RPC server bind address. An easy way to enable support
for IPv6 control-connections is to specify the IPv6 wildcard address
- -c #
- bound daemon to specific CPU. First CPU is 0
- don't fork into background, increase debugging verbosity.
Add option multiple times to increase the verbosity
- -h, --help
- display this help and exit
- -p #
- XML-RPC server port
- -w DIR
- target directory for dump files. Requires compiling
flowgrind with libpcap support. The daemon must be run as root
- -v, --version
- print version information and exit
Flowgrind was original started by Daniel Schaffrath. The distributed measurement
architecture and advanced traffic generation were later on added by Tim Kosse
and Christian Samsel. Currently, flowgrind is developed and maintained Arnd
Hannemann and Alexander Zimmermann.
The development and maintenance of flowgrind is primarily done via github <
>. Please report bugs via the
issue webpage < https://github.com/flowgrind/flowgrind/issues