- helper script for the Free Pascal stack in Debian
is meant to be used by Debian source packages in the
Free Pascal stack. The primary location for use is the debian/rules file. The
aim of this script is to fix the timestamps of patched files (with respect to
upstream) that would otherwise end up changing the timestamp stored in ppu
This timestamp in ppu files has two issues:
- It deteriorates reproducible builds.
- Reverse dependent packages that also build ppu files may
believe that the source has changed and either require recompilation of
the source or at least require recalculation all the time.
Currently this script supports three operations.
- touch: The main operation is to touch the files that are
listed in debian/source/timestamps to the associated timestamps (in that
- check: When the situation is simple and the only changes in
the package to the source come from patches, the check option can be used
to verify that the list in debian/source/timestamps is still up-to-date in
the sense that all files touched by patches are listed and that all files
listed are touched by patches.
- update: Similar to check, but also update the
When the maintainer scripts modify a source file outside of the patches, the
maintainer is free to add those files manually to the timestamps file, but
then the check and update options don't work as expected anymore.
Paul Gevers <email@example.com>