freerdp-shadow-cli - A utility for sharing a X display via RDP.
[ /port:<port number>
] [ +auth
] [ -may-view
] [ /sec:<rdp|tls|nla|ext>
] [ -sec-tls
] [ -sec-nla
] [ -sec-ext
] [ /version
] [ /help
can be used to share a running X display like with VNC
but by using the RDP instead. It is also possibly to share only parts (rect)
of the display.
- If this option is set an ipc socket with the path
ipc-socket is used instead of a TCP socket.
- Set the port to use. Default is 3389. This option is
ignored if ipc-socket is used.
- Select the monitor(s) to share.
- Select rectangle within monitor to share.
- Disable authentication. If authentication is enabled PAM is
used with the X11 subsystem. Running as root is not necessary, however if
run as user only the same user that started freerdp-shadow-cli can
Warning: If authentication is disabled everyone can
- Clients may view without prompt.
- Clients may interact without prompt.
- Force a specific protocol security
- Disable RDP security (default:on)
- Disable TLS protocol security (default:on)
- Disable NLA protocol security (default:on)
- Use NLA extended protocol security (default:off)
- NTLM SAM file for NLA authentication
- Print the version and exit.
- Print the help and exit.
When run as user within a X session (for example from an xterm) a socket on
12345 is opened and the current display is shared via RDP.
- Successful program execution.