Gatos - ATI-TV for GNU/Linux
V and O
oftware) is an effort to create standard drivers for all currently
unsupported features of ATI video cards, specifically TV features.
homepage is located at:
Updates, news, additional documentation and the FAQ can be found there.
(Stea Greene) <firstname.lastname@example.org
bug reports and code patches to this address.
- -GNU/Linux, FreeBSD and NetBSD
- (only tested on x86).
- All-In-Wonder, All-In-Wonder Pro or Rage II/Pro with ATI-TV
tuner card. Limited support for the All-In-Wonder 128 and Rage128 with
ATI-TV tuner card.
- recommended, but not required.
There are many programs packaged with GATOS
- xatitv : GUI "TV in a window" application.
- atitv : Simple text-mode program.
- gatos-conf : GUI GATOS configuration application.
- atisplit : YUV conversion program.
- scanpci : PCI bus utility.
To submit a bug report, send an e-mail to:
Insomnia (Stea Greene) <email@example.com>
with a subject line of:
GATOS BUG: <brief description...>
Then in the main body of the message:
- - Describe the bug in detail, including how to
- - Specify what version of GATOS and what
IBTK you are using,
- - Then include a dump of "xatitv
-v" (either as a MIME
attachment or right in the message),
- - Include a patch of any changes you made to the
code that may
fix the problem. See PATCHES below,
When a bug is fixed or if the bug report is not understood, you
will get a reply, so make sure your message is properly reply-able.
To create a patch, first make sure you have a full tree of both the
original and the modified trees (herin called " gatos-orig" and
" gatos-new" respectively).
Make sure each tree is clean by using:
in EACH directory. Then change to the directory immediately above
these two directories and use the following command:
diff -ur gatos-orig gatos-new > gatos-new-patch
Look at gatos-new-patch (with a text editor or viewer) and make sure
nothing is changed that you didn't intend to be. You can submit this
patch to me either included in an e-mail, or as a MIME attachment, or
you can compress it and send it as a MIME attachment, as follows:
Compress it with:
gzip -9 gatos-new-patch
Then send gatos-new-patch.gz to me as a MIME attachment.
If there is a problem with the patch, or I have a question or the
patch/description is not understood, you will get a reply, so make sure
your message is properly reply-able.
Files not covered by the main GATOS license (GNU Public
- delay.S, delay.h and linkage.h are from the Linux 2.0.36
sources (slightly modified) and are Copyright (C) 1993 by Linus
- scanpci.c is from XFree86 3.3.3 and is Copyright (C) 1995
- pci.c is modified from scanpci.c and is Copyright (C)
Robin Cutshaw and Øyvind Aabling.
Øyvind Aabling < Oyvind.Aabling@uni-c.dk>
Daniel Caujolle-Bert < firstname.lastname@example.org>
Vladimir Dergachev < email@example.com>
Insomnia (Stea Greene) < firstname.lastname@example.org>
Christian Lupien < email@example.com>
Octavian PURDILA < firstname.lastname@example.org>
Bob Bell < email@example.com>
Bruce Forsberg < firstname.lastname@example.org>
Chris Hardy < email@example.com>
Victor Bogado da Silva Lins < firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ken Dresser < Ken@dresser.net>
Jan ONDREJ < email@example.com>
techt < firstname.lastname@example.org>
hook < email@example.com>
Rodrigo Ventura < firstname.lastname@example.org>
- by Øyvind Aabling.
- by Øyvind Aabling, Christian Lupien, Vladimir
Dergachev and Bruce Forsberg.
- by Øyvind Aabling, Insomnia (Stea Greene) and Bruce
- -Limited documentation and some support
- from ATI Technologies Inc.