compare seeds against currently installed
compares the expansion of a list
of seed packages against the set of packages installed on the current system.
When constructing seeds for a software distribution, it can be used to
iteratively find packages installed on developers' systems that should be
included in the seeds.
A list of seeds against which to compare may be supplied as non-option
arguments. Seeds from which they inherit will be added automatically. The
default is ‘desktop’.
- Read the list of currently installed packages from
file. The default is to read the output
and any supplied file should be in the same format.
- Set the output mode as follows:
- Show the dpkg selections
needed to install just these seeds. List unseeded but installed files
as “deinstall”, and seeded but uninstalled files as
- List unseeded but installed files as
“install”, and seeded but uninstalled files as
- Show the differences between the packages specified by
the seeds and the list of installed packages, in a somewhat
- Fetch seeds from the specified sources. The default is
- Fetch seeds for distribution
dist. The default is
- Operate on the specified distributions. The default is
zesty. Listing multiple distributions may be
useful, for example, when examining both a released distribution and its
- Operate on architecture
arch. The default is
is useless as dpkg
is copyright © 2004,
2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 Canonical Ltd
the GNU General Public License version 2 or later for copying conditions. A
copy of the GNU General Public License is available in