- the stupid issue tracker
GHI is the alphabetical acronym for GitHub Issues. GHI provides an easy way to
manage your issues from the comfort of the command line and your editor of
GHI should look familiar if you´re familiar with Git. When invoked from a
repository directory that has a GitHub remote, GHI will work with that
repository´s issues by default. Otherwise, GHI will work with your
global issues or with a repository specified in its terminating arguments.
is either the name of a GHI command (see below) or an alias.
- Prints the GHI version number.
- Prints the synopsis and a list of commonly-used commands.
If a GHI command is named, this option will bring up the manual page for
- See ghi-help(1) for more information.
- -p, --paginate
- Pipe all output into less if standard output is a
- Do not pipe output into a pager.
- Toggle colorized output.
- Assign an issue to yourself (or someone else).
- Close an issue.
- Leave a comment on an issue.
- Configure GHI.
- Modify an existing issue.
- Create, list, modify, or delete labels.
- List your issues (or a repository´s).
- Manage project milestones.
- Open (or reopen) an issue.
- Show an issue´s details.
Various GHI commands use the following environment variables:
- The GitHub repository to be used by the issued GHI
- The OAuth access token used to authenticate you.
- This environment variable overrides $GIT_PAGER and
$PAGER. If it is set to an empty string or to the value
"cat", git will not launch a pager.
- This environment variable overrides $GIT_EDITOR,
$VISUAL, and $EDITOR.
- Your GitHub username: used to authenticate and identify
- If you store your GitHub password in an environment
variable, GHI will automatically attempt to fetch an access token using
All environment variables may also be stored in Git configuration files where
the variable is in lowercase form and the underscore is a period (e.g.,
would become the ghi.repo option).
GHI is maintained by Stephen Celis. A full list of contributors can be found at
ghi open -- stephencelis/ghi
Or visit https://github.com/stephencelis/ghi/issues