- Work with large files in Git repositories
git lfs command
Git LFS is a system for managing and versioning large files in association with
a Git repository. Instead of storing the large files within the Git repository
as blobs, Git LFS stores special "pointer files" in the repository,
while storing the actual file contents on a Git LFS server. The contents of
the large file are downloaded automatically when needed, for example when a
Git branch containing the large file is checked out.
Git LFS works by using a "smudge" filter to look up the large file
contents based on the pointer file, and a "clean" filter to create a
new version of the pointer file when the large file´s contents change.
It also uses a pre-push
hook to upload the large file contents to the
Git LFS server whenever a commit containing a new large file version is about
to be pushed to the corresponding Git server.
Like Git, Git LFS commands are separated into high level ("porcelain")
commands and low level ("plumbing") commands.
- Display the Git LFS environment.
- Populate working copy with real content from Git LFS
- git lfs clone
- Efficiently clone a Git LFS-enabled repository.
- Download git LFS files from a remote.
- Check GIT LFS files for consistency.
- Install Git LFS configuration.
- Set a file as "locked" on the Git LFS
- List currently "locked" files from the Git LFS
- Show errors from the git-lfs command.
- Show information about Git LFS files in the index and
- Migrate history to or from git-lfs
- Fetch LFS changes from the remote & checkout any
required working tree files.
- Push queued large files to the Git LFS endpoint.
- Show the status of Git LFS files in the working tree.
- View or add Git LFS paths to Git attributes.
- Remove "locked" setting for a file on the Git LFS
- Remove Git LFS paths from Git Attributes.
- Update Git hooks for the current Git repository.
- git lfs version
- Report the version number.
- Git clean filter that converts large files to
- Build and compare pointers.
- Git pre-push hook implementation.
- Git smudge filter that converts pointer in blobs to the