gitstats - git history statistics generator
[options] <repository dir> <output dir>
is a statistics generator for git
(1) repositories. It
examines the repository and produces some interesting statistics from the
history of it. Currently HTML is the only output format.
Override a default configuration value. Defaults can be seen by running
- How many top authors to show.
- commit_begin, commit_end
- Specify a commit range to generate statistics from. You can
specify only commit_end limit statistics to a certain commit or another
- When enabled, the lines of code statistics are collected
from linear history. The downside is that commits of long feature branches
appear only at the point where a merge commit is made.
If disabled (old behaviour), the problem is that if two branches contain the
same changes (for example, removal of same lines), the statistics get
Defaults to on.
- How many authors to show in the list of authors.
- How many domains to show in domains by commits.
- Maximum file extension length.
- Number of concurrent processes to use when extracting git
- Project name to show on the generated pages. Default is to
use basename of the repository directory.
- Specify a starting date to pass with --since to git.
- CSS stylesheet to use.
Q: How do I generate statistics of a non-master branch?
A: Use "-c commit_end=web" parameter.
Q: I have files in my git repository that I would like to exclude from the
statistics, how do I do that?
A: At the moment the only way is to use git-filter-branch
(1) to create a
temporary repository and generate the statistics from that.
Q: How do I merge author information when the same author has made commits using
different names or emails ?
A: Use git .mailmap feature described in MAPPING AUTHORS
- Generates statistics from a git repository in
"foo" and outputs the result in a directory
gitstats foo foo_stats
- As above, but only analyzes the last 10 commits:
gitstats -c commit_begin='HEAD~10' foo foo_stats
was written by Heikki Hokkanen and others.
See the git repository at https://github.com/hoxu/gitstats for an up-to-date
full list of contributors.