Ace::Graphics::GlyphFactory - Create Ace::Graphics::Glyphs
my $factory = Ace::Graphics::GlyphFactory($glyph_name,@options);
The Ace::Graphics::GlyphFactory class is used internally by Ace::Graphics::Track
and Ace::Graphics::Glyph to hold the options pertaining to a set of related
glyphs and creating them on demand. This class is not ordinarily useful to the
This section describes the class and object methods for
There is only one constructor, the new()
method. It is ordinarily called
by Ace::Graphics::Track, in the make_factory()
- $factory =
- The new() method creates a new factory object. The
object will create glyphs of type $glyph_name, and using the options
specified in @options. Generic options are described in
Ace::Graphics::Panel, and specific options are described in each of the
Ace::Graphics::Glyph::* manual pages. =back
Once a track is created, the following methods can be invoked:
- $glyph = $factory->glyph($feature)
- Given a sequence feature, creates an Ace::Graphics::Glyph
object to display it. The various attributes of the glyph are set from the
options provided at factory creation time.
- $option = $factory->option($option_name
- Given an option name, returns its value. If a second
argument is provided, sets the option to the new value and returns its
- $index = $factory->fgcolor
- Returns the desired foreground color for the glyphs in the
form of an GD::Image color index. This may be the one of the special
colors gdBrushed and gdStyled. This is only useful while the enclosing
Ace::Graphics::Panel object is rendering the object. In other contexts it
- $scale = $factory->scale([$scale])
- Get or set the scale, in pixels/bp, for the glyph. This is
ordinarily set by the Ace::Graphics::Track object just prior to rendering,
and called by each glyphs' map_pt() method when performing the
- $color = $factory->bgcolor([$color])
- Get or set the background color for the glyphs.
- $color = $factory->fillcolor([$color])
- Get or set the fill color for the glyphs.
- $font = $factory->font([$font])
- Get or set the font to use for rendering the glyph.
- $color = $factory->fontcolor
- Get the color for the font (to set it, use
fgcolor()). This is subtly different from fgcolor() itself,
because it will never return a styled color, such as gdBrushed.
- $panel = $factory->panel([$panel])
- Get or set the panel that contains the GD::Image object
used by this factory.
- $index = $factory->translate($color)
- @rgb = $factory->rgb($index)
- These are convenience procedures that are passed through to
the enclosing Panel object and have the same effect as the like-named
methods in that class. See Ace::Graphics::Panel.
Please report them.
Ace::Sequence, Ace::Sequence::Feature, Ace::Graphics::Panel,
Lincoln Stein <email@example.com>.
Copyright (c) 2001 Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the same terms as Perl itself. See DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty.
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained
- Around line 191:
- You forgot a '=back' before '=head2'