AtteanX::API::Lexer - Role defining common functionality for lexers.
This document describes AtteanX::API::Lexer version 0.017
The AtteanX::API::Lexer role provides a common interface and implementation for
lexer implementations, allowing line-based buffer filling, and consuming of
characters, constant strings, and fixed-length buffers.
- Fills the buffer with a new line from the underlying
- Remove a BOM character if one appears at the start of the
- "get_char_safe( $char )"
- Consume the single character $char from the buffer. Throw
an error if $char is not at the start of the buffer.
- "get_char( $char )"
- Consume and return a single character from the buffer.
- "peek_char( $char )"
- Return a single character from the start of the
- "read_word( $word )"
- Consume the string $word from the start of the buffer.
Throw an error if $word is not at the start of the buffer.
- "read_length( $length )"
- Consume and return $length characters from the start of the
Please report any bugs or feature requests to through the GitHub web interface
Gregory Todd Williams "<firstname.lastname@example.org>"
Copyright (c) 2014--2016 Gregory Todd Williams. This program is free software;
you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl