Child::Link::IPC - Base class for process links that provide IPC.
This class inherits from:
- $proc->new( $pid. @shared )
- Read a message from the child.
- $proc->write( @MESSAGES )
- Send the messages to the child. works like print, you must
- $proc->say( @MESSAGES )
- Send the messages to the child. works like say, adds the
separator for you (usually "\n").
- $proc->autoflush( $BOOL )
- Turn autoflush on/off for the current processes write
handle. This is on by default.
- Flush the current processes write handle.
- $proc->_ipc( $new )
- Accessors for you to use or ignore.
- Should return a read handle for reading from the
- Should return a write handle for writing to the child.
- $proc->init( @shared )
- Called by new during construction
Most of this was part of Parallel::Runner intended for use in the Fennec
project. Fennec is being broken into multiple parts, this is one such part.
This module is part of the Fennec project. See Fennec for more details. Fennec
is a project to develop an extendable and powerful testing framework. Together
the tools that make up the Fennec framework provide a potent testing
The tools provided by Fennec are also useful on their own. Sometimes a tool
created for Fennec is useful outside the greater framework. Such tools are
turned into their own projects. This is one such project.
- Fennec - The core framework
- The primary Fennec project that ties them all
Chad Granum firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright (C) 2010 Chad Granum
Child is free software; Standard perl licence.
Child is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the license for more details.