Config::Model::TkUI - Tk GUI to edit config data through Config::Model
# init trace
# create configuration instance
my $model = Config::Model -> new ;
my $inst = $model->instance (root_class_name => 'a_config_class',
instance_name => 'test');
my $root = $inst -> config_root ;
# Tk part
my $mw = MainWindow-> new ;
$mw->ConfigModelUI (-root => $root) ;
This class provides a GUI for Config::Model.
With this class, Config::Model and an actual configuration model (like
Config::Model::Xorg), you get a tool to edit configuration files (e.g.
- Click on '+' and '-' boxes to open or close content
- Left-click on item to open a viewer widget.
- Double-click or hit "return" on any item to open
an editor widget
- Use Ctrl-C to copy configuration data in an internal
- Use Ctrl-V to copy configuration data from the internal
buffer to the configuration tree. Beware, there's no "undo"
- Before saving your modifications, you can review the change
list with the menu entry "File -> show unsaved changes". This
list is cleared after performing a "File -> save".
- Pasting cut buffer into:
- a leaf element will store the content of the buffer into
- a list element will split the content of the buffer with
/\n/ or /,/ and push the resulting array at the end of the list
- a hash element will use the content of the cut buffer to
create a new key in the hash element.
Font type and size can be adjusted using menu: "Options -> Font"
menu. This setup is saved in file "~/.cme/config/tkui.yml".
Hit "Ctrl-F" or use menu "Edit -> Search" to open a
search widget at the bottom of the window.
Enter a keyword in the entry widget and click on "Next" button.
The keyword will be searched in the configuration tree, in element name, in
element value and in documentation.
The right side of the widget is either a viewer or an editor. When clicking on
store in the editor, the new data is stored in the tree represented on the
left side of TkUI. The new data will be stored in the configuration file only
when "File-"save> menu is invoked.
A wizard can be launched either with "File -> Wizard" menu entry or
with "Run Wizard" button.
The wizard will scan the configuration tree and stop on all items flagged as
important in the model. It will also stop on all erroneous items (mostly
missing mandatory values).
Save modified data in configuration file. The callback function is called only
if the save was done without error. The callback is called with $@ in case of
- add tabular view ? - expand the whole tree at once - add plug-in mechanism so
that dedicated widget
can be used for some config Class (Could be handy for
- See Config::Model home page
- Or Author's blog <http://ddumont.wordpress.com> where
you can find many post about Config::Model.
- Send a mail to Config::Model user mailing list:
config-model-users at lists.sourceforge.net
This project needs feedback from its users. Please send your feedbacks, comments
and ideas to :
config-mode-users at lists.sourceforge.net
This projects also needs help to improve its user interfaces:
- Look and feel of Perl/Tk interface can be improved
- A nicer logo (maybe a penguin with a wrench...) would be
- Config::Model could use a web interface
- May be also an interface based on Gtk or Wx for better
integration in Desktop
If you want to help, please send a mail to:
config-mode-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
- Config::Model, cme
- Config::Model mailing lists on