Crypt::U2F::Server - Low level wrapper around the U2F two factor authentication
C library (server side)
This is a very low level wrapper around the original C library. You probably
use it, but use Crypt::U2F::Server::Simple instead!
This API is subject to change, depending on the underlying library, the weather
and the whims of the developer.
If you decide to use it anyway, it would probably be a good idea to specify the
exact version number of Crypt::U2F::Server to use.
This module requires the Yubico u2f-server shared library installed, please see
the official project page at
<https://developers.yubico.com/libu2f-server/> on how to do that.
The way this is currently implemented, i doubt very much that multithreading or
even use in more than one instance in your program will work. Multi-Forking
should be OK, though, if you only call u2fclib_init()
but this isn't tested as of yet.
The problem is how u2fclib_init()
implemented. While the underlying library has a context-handle (not used
will tear down everything as far as i can tell.
Crypt::U2F::Server::Simple works around this problem by reference counting and
always requiring all values to call the relevant u2fclib_set* functions.
None by default.
char* u2fclib_calcRegistrationChallenge(void* ctx)
int u2fclib_free_context(void* ctx)
int u2fclib_init(bool debug)
int u2fclib_setAppID(void* ctx, char* appid)
int u2fclib_setChallenge(void* ctx, char* challenge)
int u2fclib_setKeyHandle(void* ctx, char* buf)
int u2fclib_setOrigin(void* ctx, char* origin)
int u2fclib_setPublicKey(void* ctx, char* buf)
int u2fclib_verifyAuthentication(void* ctx, char* buf)
registrationData_t* u2fclib_verifyRegistration(void* ctx, char* buf)
See Crypt::U2F::Server::Simple for the module you should actually be using.
Yes, there should be some in there. First of all, this is crypto stuff, so it's
broken by default (it only depends on the time it takes to happen).
Also, at the moment, this module has seen only very limited testing.
Rene Schickbauer, <email@example.com>
Adapted as a Perl library by Rene 'cavac' Schickbauer
This roughly based on u2f-server.c from Yubico's C library, see
In order for this to work, you need to install that library.
This adaption is (C) 2014-2015 Rene 'cavac' Schickbauer, but as it is based on
Yubico's code, the licence below applies!
We, the community, would hereby thank Yubico for open sourcing their
* Copyright (c) 2014 Yubico AB
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are
* * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above
* copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following
* disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided
* with the distribution.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
* "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR
* A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT
* OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL,
* SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT
* LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
* DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
* THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
* (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE
* OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.