DBD::Oracle::Troubleshooting::Cygwin - Tips and Hints to Troubleshoot
DBD::Oracle on Cygwin
Makefile.PL should find and make use of OCI include files, but you have to build
an import library for OCI.DLL and put it somewhere in library search path. one
of the possible ways to do this is issuing command
dlltool --input-def oci.def --output-lib liboci.a
in the directory where you unpacked DBD::Oracle distribution archive. this will
create import library for Oracle 8.0.4.
Note: make clean removes '*.a' files, so put a copy in a safe place.
- Download these two packages from Oracle's Instant Client
for Windows site
Instant Client Package - Basic: All files required to run OCI, OCCI, and
Instant Client Package - SDK: Additional header files and an example
makefile for developing Oracle applications with Instant Client
(I usually just use the latest version of the client)
- Unpack both into C:\oracle\instantclient_11_1
- Download and unpack DBD::Oracle from CPAN to some place
with no spaces in the path (I used /tmp/DBD-Oracle) and cd to it.
- Set up some environment variables (it didn't work until I
got the DSN right):
Note, the TNS Names stuff doesn't always seem to work with the instant client so
Perl scripts need to explicitly use host/sid in the DSN, like this:
my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:host=oraclehost;sid=oracledb1',
- Tim Bunce <email@example.com>
- John Scoles <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Yanick Champoux <email@example.com>
- Martin J. Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This software is copyright (c) 1994 by Tim Bunce.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same
terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself.