Dancer::Plugins - interesting plugins to add to Dancer's capabilities
Dancer aims to keep the core as small as possible, but there are a growing
number of useful plugins to add helpful features.
This document provides a quick summary of some recommended plugins.
- Provides easy database access via DBI, reading the DB
connection details from your app's config file, and taking care of
ensuring the connection is still valid and reconnecting if not (useful in
persistent environments). Just calling the "database" keyword
gives you a connected and working database handle. It also provides some
helpful keywords to make inserting/updating data as simple as it should
- Provides easy access to DBIx::Class database
- Dancer Authentication, Security and Role-Based Access
- Provides easy email-sending powered by Email::Send - simply
call the "email" keyword. Email sending settings can be taken
from your app's config.
- Send SMS text messages to mobile phones from your Dancer
app, using any service supported by SMS::Send.
- Provides easy way to add Ajax route handlers.
- Makes writing RESTful web services easy.
- Automatically provides site maps (as an HTML page, or as an
XML sitemap ready for Google) based on the routes your app defines.
- Provides different ways of normalizing parameter names
- Provides easy CRUD (create, read, update, delete)
facilities, automatically creating routes to display, add, edit and delete
data from a database table.
- Supports building apps using Web Sockets for
bi-directional, full-duplex communications over a long-lived socket
- Cache page responses or individual items of data with
memcached for performance.
- Quickly determine whether the client is a mobile browser,
in order to offer a simplified layout, or otherwise customise
- Provides dead-simple profiling of your app using
Devel::NYTProf - enables profiling for each request individually, serves
up a list of profiling runs, and generates & sends the HTML reports
produced by "nytprofhtml".
- Provides simple effective password hashing and validation
- Provides caching for generated pages and/or arbitrary data.
Uses CHI, so is backend-agnostic - caching can be done in memory, to
files, using Memcache, in a database, or any other method for which there
is a CHI::Driver module.
- Easy thumbnail generation using GD.
- Easy CAPTCHA image generation and validation, using
- Easily work with Facebook's Graph API from your Perl Dancer
app. Uses Facebook::Graph.
- Easy Redis database connections, based upon
- Easy XML RSS creation and consumption.
More plugins are appearing on CPAN all the time - just search for
"Dancer::Plugin" to see what may have been released since this
document was last updated!
Dancer Core Developers
This software is copyright (c) 2010 by Alexis Sukrieh.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same
terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself.