amdgpu - AMD RADEON GPU video driver
is an Xorg driver for AMD RADEON-based video cards with the
- Support for 24-bit pixel depth;
- RandR support up to version 1.4;
- 3D acceleration;
driver supports SI and newer families' video cards.
Please refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details. This section
only covers configuration details specific to this driver.
The following driver Options
- Option "SWcursor"
- Selects software cursor. The default is off.
- Option "Accel"
- Enables or disables all hardware acceleration.
The default is on.
- Option "ZaphodHeads"
- Specify the RandR output(s) to use with zaphod mode for a
particular driver instance. If you use this option you must use this
option for all instances of the driver.
For example: Option "ZaphodHeads" "LVDS,VGA-0"
will assign xrandr outputs LVDS and VGA-0 to this instance of the
- Option "DRI"
- Define the maximum level of DRI to enable. Valid values are
2 for DRI2 or 3 for DRI3. The default is 3 for DRI3 if the Xorg
version is >= 1.18.3, otherwise 2 for DRI2.
- Option "EnablePageFlip"
- Enable DRI2 page flipping. The default is on.
- Option "TearFree"
- Set the default value of the per-output 'TearFree'
property, which controls tearing prevention using the hardware page
flipping mechanism. TearFree is on for any CRTC associated with one or
more outputs with TearFree on. Two separate scanout buffers need to be
allocated for each CRTC with TearFree on. If this option is set, the
default value of the property is 'on' or 'off' accordingly. If this option
isn't set, the default value of the property is auto, which means
that TearFree is on for outputs with rotation or other RandR transforms,
and for RandR 1.4 slave outputs, otherwise off.
- Option "AccelMethod"
- Setting this option to none disables use of the
glamor acceleration architecture. In that case, all 2D rendering is done
by the CPU, but 3D and video hardware acceleration can still work. This is
mainly useful for OpenGL driver bring-up.
The default is to use glamor.
The following driver Option
is supported for glamor
- Option "ShadowPrimary"
- This option enables a so-called "shadow primary"
buffer for fast CPU access to pixel data, and separate scanout buffers for
each display controller (CRTC). This may improve performance for some 2D
workloads, potentially at the expense of other (e.g. 3D, video) workloads.
Note in particular that enabling this option currently disables page
flipping. The default is off.
Xorg(1), xorg.conf(5), Xserver(1), X(7)
- Wiki page:
- Overview about amdgpu development code:
- Mailing list:
- IRC channel:
#radeon on irc.freenode.net
- Query the bugtracker for amdgpu bugs:
- Submit bugs & patches:
Michel Dänzer firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Deucher email@example.com