afs - Introduction to AFS files
A number of files must reside on the local disk of AFS server and client
machines. They belong to the following general categories:
- Configuration files define configuration parameters
for specific server and kernel processes such as the Backup System Tape
Coordinator or the Cache Manager.
- Administrative files list information used in
administration of server machines, such as a list of privileged users or
server encryption keys.
- Cache-related files contain cached data or
information about cached data, on client machines.
- Log files contain tracing messages about the
operation of a specific process.
- Database files contain database records used to
administer the AFS cell.
- Controller files control the behavior of a
- Volume header files represent AFS volumes on server
For a description of the format and contents of each file, see its reference
Note for Windows users: Some files described in this document possibly do not
exist on machines that run a Windows operating system. Also, Windows uses a
backslash ("\") rather than a forward slash ("/") to
separate the elements in a pathname.
Volume header files:
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was
converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ
Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.