- AX.25 port configuration file.
is an ASCII file that contains information about each of the
physical AX.25 ports that are to be used. When dealing with an AX.25 utility
such as call
, it takes an argument that is the port name. This port
name is a reference to the line within axports,
which has that name as
its first argument. The information on each line contains enough information
to bind the command to a particular physical AX.25 interface, this binding is
done by matching the callsign on the line in axports
with the callsign
of the port set by kissattach.
The lines within axports
must either be a comment line, which starts with
a # in the first column, or a port description in the following format, each
field being delimited by white space:
name callsign speed paclen window
The field descriptions are:
- is the unique identifier of the port. This is the name
given as the port argument of many of the AX.25 support programs. This is
not in any way related to actual device identities, just
- the callsign of the physical interface to bind to.
- this is the speed of interface, a value of zero means that
no speed will be set by kissattach(8).
- is the default maximum packet size for this interface.
- the default window size for this interface.
- a free format description of this interface, this field
extends to the end of the line. This field may contain spaces.