catal - catalog file format
See the file man1/alc_origin.1.
- Predefined libraries
- The environment variable MBK_CATA_LIB(1) defines
several paths corresponding to the Alliance predefined cell
libraries. Each library is in one unix directory.
- standard cell library
- data-path compiler library
- registers library
- ram library
- rom library
- pads lib
- For each library, a special file named CATAL
describes the library
- contents. This file must be in the same directory as the
library cells. For the Alliance tools, the cells described in the
predefined libraries are read only.
- The working library
- The environment variable MBK_WORK_LIB(1) defines the
current working directory. Its default value is . (dot). This
directory will contain the user cells, seen as read write by the
Alliance tools. It is not necessary to describe all the user cells
in a catalog file. But the user can locally define a catalog file for the
working library. The local catalog file name is set by the environment
variable MBK_CATAL_NAME(1), CATAL by default.
Alliance will concatenate all catalog files of the predefined
libraries and the optional catalog file of the working library to access
the attributs of each cell.
- Cells attributs
- A cell may be characterized by four attributs:
- this attribut means that the cell is a leaf cell in the
context of a recursive flatten, for either the layout or netlist view. The
cell will not be flattened.
- this attribut means that the cell has an existing
equivalent GDS or CIF representation. It is used by the
symbolic to real translation tool, s2r(1), to make direct
- this attribut means that the cell is used as a feed
- this attribut is used only in the user defined catalog. As
the user is not allowed to delete a cell in a predefined library, it is
possible to virtually remove a cell of a predefined library with the
D attribut in the user defined catalog.
See the file man1/alc_bug_report.1.