- server shutdown control file
If the file etc/shutdown
is present it describes when a HylaFAX
server is to be shutdown and may contain a descriptive message to return to
clients explaining the reason for the shutdown. This file is used by the
The file has the following format:
< year> <month> <day> <hour> <minute> <deny> <disconnect>
< shutdown message text>
The first line defines the date and time the server should be shutdown and the
time preceding at which unprivileged clients should be denied service or
disconnected; these fields are described in more detail below. Any lines that
follow the first are taken as the text of a message to return to clients when
notifying them of a scheduled shutdown or when denying them service.
- The decimal year; e.g. 1996.
- The decimal month; e.g. 10 for October.
- The decimal day of the month in the range [1..31].
- The decimal hour since midnight; in the range [0..23].
- The decimal minute after the hour; in the range
- The time prior to the shutdown time at which to deny
service to unprivileged clients. This value is specified as decimal number
in the form HHMM; e.g. 130 for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Time time prior to the shutdown time at which to disconnect
unprivileged clients that are logged in to the server. This value is
specified as a decimal number in the form HHMM.
This file is typically created using the ``SHUT'' command supported by