GSS-API Mechanism and QOP files
file contains a list of installed
GSS-API security mechanisms. Each line of the file either contains a comment
if the first character is '#' or it contains five fields with the following
- The name of this GSS-API mechanism.
- Object identifier
- The OID for this mechanism.
- A shared library containing the implementation of this
- Kernel module (optional)
- A kernel module containing the implementation of this
mechanism (not yet supported in FreeBSD).
- Library options (optional)
- Optionsal parameters interpreted by the mechanism. Library
options must be enclosed in brackets ([ ]) to differentiate them from the
optional kernel module entry.
file contains a list of Quality of
Protection values for use with GSS-API. Each line of the file either contains
a comment if the first character is '#' or it contains three fields with the
- QOP string
- The name of this Quality of Protection algorithm.
- QOP value
- The numeric value used to select this algorithm for use
with GSS-API functions such as
- Mechanism name
- The GSS-API mechanism name that corresponds to this
This is a typical entry from /etc/gss/mech
kerberosv5 1.2.840.1135188.8.131.52 /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.8 -
This is a typical entry from /etc/gss/qop
GSS_KRB5_CONF_C_QOP_DES 0x0100 kerberosv5
manual page example first appeared in
This manual page was written by Doug Rabson