sidplayfp.ini - Configuration file for sidplayfp(1).
This page describes the options available for the configuration file of
Sidplayfp. It is composed by a number of sections, each one composed by a
section name, enclosed by square brackets, followed by a list of
supports the following sections:
- Generic configuration
- Console appearance configuration
- Audio output configuration
- Emulation engine parameters
All options and values are described in detail below.
For any of the following parameter, if it's specified more than one time the
last entry encountered will be used.
: if any of these options is specified outside its section, it will
- Configuration version
- Songlength Database=<path>
- Path for the Songlength DB. Should point to the
DOCUMENTS/Songlengths.txt file under the HVSC collection path. On
*NIX systems if this value is not set, sidplayfp(1) will try
- Default Play Length=mm:ss
- Default play time if Songlength Database is not found.
- Default Record Length=mm:ss
- Default recording time when writing wave files if
Songlength Database is not found.
- Kernal Rom=<path>
- Full path for the Kernal Rom file. This is the most
important rom and should always be provided, although many tunes will
still work without. By default the program will look for a kernal
file under the following locations:
on *NIX systems where XDG_DATA_HOME is defined.
on *NIX systems where XDG_DATA_HOME is not defined.
on *NIX systems when not found in the above directories.
on Windows systems where CSIDL_APPDATA is defined.
- %USERPROFILE%\\Application Data\\sidplayfp\\
on Windows systems where CSIDL_APPDATA is not defined.
- Basic Rom=<path>
- Full path for the Basic Rom file. This is mostly useful for
playing BASIC tunes. By default the program will look for a basic
file under the same locations as above.
- Chargen Rom=<path>
- Full path for the Character generator Rom file. Almost
useless for playback of tunes, but included for completeness. By default
the program will look for a chargen file under the same locations
- Use ANSI escape sequences to provide colored output.
- Char Top Left=<char>
- Character for the top left corner.
- Char Top Right=<char>
- Character for the top right corner.
- Char Bottom Left=<char>
- Character for the bottom left corner.
- Char Bottom Right=<char>
- Character for the bottom right corner.
- Char Vertical=<char>
- Character for vertical lines.
- Char Horizontal=<char>
- Character for horizontal lines.
- Char Junction Left=<char>
- Character for left junctions.
- Char Junction Right=<char>
- Character for right junctions.
- Playback frequency expressed in Hertz. Default is
- Number of channels, 1 for mono and 2 for stereo playback
Default is 1.
- Number of bits ber sample, used only for wav output. Using
values other than the ones specified will produce invalid output.
- Set the SID emulation engine. Default is RESIDFP.
- Default c64 model to use if not specified by tune, PAL for
european PAL-B model, NTSC for american/japanese NTSC-M models, OLD_NTSC
for NTSC-M models with old video chip and DREAN for argentinian PAL-N
model. Default is PAL.
- Force the configured c64 model even if the tune specifies
- Default SID chip model, old MOS 6581 or newer MOS
- Force the configured SID chip model even if the tune
- Enable/disable the emulation of the SID filter.
- Controls the filter bias in the ReSID emulation. The bias
is given in millivolts, and a maximum reasonable control range is
approximately -500 to 500, the default value is 0.
- Controls the filter curve for the 6581 model in the ReSIDfp
emulation. Ranges from 0.0 (light) to 1.0 (dark), the default value is
- Controls the filter curve for the 8580 model in the ReSIDfp
emulation. Value is expressed in Hertz and the default is 12500.
- Leandro Nini
- Current maintainer.
- Simon White
- Wrote the original Sidplay2.
- Dag Lem
- Wrote the reSID emulation engine.
- Antti S. Lankila
- Wrote the reSIDfp emulation engine as a fork of reSID
- The Vice team
- Large part of the emulation is based on the VICE's
- Andre Fachat
- Wrote the original reloc65 utility.
- Michael Schwendt
- Wrote the original SidTune library and MD5 class (based on
work by L. Peter Deutsch).
- Mikko Kilponen
- Wrote the originla man page.
- SourceForge project:
- Sidplay2 homepage:
- High Voltage Sid Collection (HVSC):
- Copyright (C) 2000-2004 Simon White
- Copyright (C) 2007-2010 Antti Lankila
- Copyright (C) 2009-2015 VICE Project
- Copyright (C) 2010-2016 Leandro Nini
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin
Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301, USA.